Saturday 25 February 2017

Grey, but pretty!

My crafting friend Junie hit a milestone birthday last week and I made a little card to congratulate her.  In fact I made three cards, trying to decide which style would suit her! This is the one I eventually sent but I will show the other two in the next couple of blogs.



This is a marriage of Stampin' Up! products and products from other companies but it does demonstrate how you can combine your supplies to achieve the right look.

I used smoky slate SU card for the cardbase but assembled everything else before sticking it down onto this card. I like to try and minimise the opportunities for me to mess things up - as I'm rather prone to do! I try to get the individual elements ready and then build it.

The mat is made using pirouette pink SU cardstock, which I heat embossed with white embossing powder using a super new background stamp I've bought from My Favourite Things.  I can see so much potential for this lovely stamp and you will be seeing my various attempts to use it over the next week or two.

I used a 1" wide strip of white satin ribbon to back the fancy die cuts - I just anchored it with sticky tape on the back - and put it to one side.

The two frilly edged squares were cut with a lovely Spellbinders die. I cut one in silver pearlescent card  and the other in very pale pink pearlescent card - both from the Paperbox Company. I love this card -  it makes anything look special.  I used ordinary Tombow adhesive to attach the pink square to
the silver one and cut a square of fun foam to size and stuck it to the back of the silver shape with double sided tape. I also added double sided tape to the back of these two, but didn't attach it to the base card at this point.

Next, I die cut the word "congrats" using a Stampin' Up! die and smoky slate card and painted over it with a generous amount of Clear Wink of Stella. So pretty. I gently curved the word and fitted it to the fancy squares.

As I hadn't had any of my usual mishaps, I was ready to layer up the card!  The finishing touch was to punch out several little flowers with an old SU punch, but you could use any die that was similar, using the gorgeous Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer card from SU. This is lovely as it has pink and blue glints when it sparkles. I added tiny pale pink pearls to the centre of the flowers to tie everything together.

Sounds long winded but it didn't take too long -  making my mind up is the worst part!

Hope you like this little card and thanks for dropping by.

Jane

Products used
My Favourite Things Roses All Over background stamp
Spellbinders dies
Pearlescent card from the Paperboy Company
Pink Pearls from Crafts U Love

Product List for Stampin' Up! products

2 comments:

  1. Wow you have an awesome crafting skills Jane. You can start a small business with your talent.
    Tesa Tapes in the Philippines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tessa, that's so kind of you and very encouraging! I have some super new projects to post tomorrow and I hope you will subscribe to my blog to see what I've been up to!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.